Do you enjoy an Administrative position that offers a diverse range of responsibilities? Do you have advanced software experience and excel in the many facets of hospitality and event planning? Are you a servant leader seeking to work collaboratively to strengthen communities in the Western Suburbs? We are seeking an Administrative Assistant who is a skillful communicator with a pro-active approach, able to easily work with a sizable number of documents and produce high-quality deliverables. In your role, ability to pivot will be key to success in our part-time position. If you pride yourself on being a self-starter and desire a role where you can apply your administrative experience to support a mission-based organization, then our opportunity will be a great match for you! We offer a (20) hour work week, benefits and a fun and supportive team.
About the Foundation:
Celebrating 25 years, Community Memorial Foundation’s efforts are directed at community transformation. Whether we are funding a local health initiative or hosting a regional convening of grantee organizations, we work with our partners to make our community a healthier and more equitable place. Our mission is to improve the health of those who live and work in the 27 communities spanning from western Cook and southeastern DuPage counties. Our vision is that the Foundation, together with the community, will transform the region into the healthiest in the country.
Reporting to the Director of Administration and Finance, the Administrative Assistant performs varied administrative and clerical functions to assist the Foundation staff in maintaining the smooth functioning of the office, providing a high level of customer service to diverse stakeholders, and delivering internal support for the Foundation team. This position is often the first and/or front contact for the Foundation functioning in an ambassador role that represents the Foundation’s values of empathy and gratitude to all external and internal partners. Due to the variety of responsibilities, this role will require someone to multi-task, maintain a high level of attention to detail, and easily pivot between changing business needs and deadlines. The position requires a self-starter and team player that can anticipate and follow-though on the needs of the Foundation.
- Assist staff with all internal and external communications
- Proof work and documents as needed and maintain contacts and distribution lists
- Manage the office on a daily basis, including ordering supplies and maintaining a welcoming environment
- Provide hospitality services, including in-house meeting set-up and stewardship activities. Serve as primary liaison between the office and its building management company
- In partnership with supervisor, maintain documents in robust grants management system
- Disburse and ensure accurate return of all grants management communication as well as review, save and upload documentation to grants management database
- In partnership with staff team, communicate with grantee organizations to ensure timely reporting when documents are not returned promptly or accurately
- Lead logistics, coordinate all moving parts and oversee activities to ensure events run smoothly and expectations are met
- Maintain relationships and communications with local vendors to include bid requests from service provider and confirmation of contracts. Review bills, invoices and approve payments.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, Associate’s Degree preferred
- Three years’ of administrative office experience required
- Skilled in time management and prioritizing various tasks
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and maintain confidentiality and act in a discretionary manner
- Work efficiently and independently with minimal supervision while having the capacity to pivot and work collaboratively with the team
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) products expertise
- Familiarity with Zoom or similar conferencing platform
- Familiarity with Eventbrite or event management platform a plus
- Experience with Blackbaud grants management database a plus
- Familiarity with Google Workspace and Microsoft Teams a plus
Position Location: Presently remote, onsite when we are able to do so.
Community Memorial Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.