Announcing Letter of Intent Process
Organizations must submit a letter of intent if any of the following apply:
- The organization has never received a program or general operating support grant from Community Memorial Foundation
- The organization has not received a program or general operating grant from the Foundation in the past three years
- The organization intends to request more than $25,000 from the Foundation
Requests that do not meet any of the above criteria are not required to submit a letter of intent and may simply submit an online application by the respective deadlines (March 15 for the spring cycle; September 15 for the fall cycle).
Letters of intent are reviewed on a rolling basis, but must be completed online before 5:00pm CST on the following dates:
- February 15 for consideration within the spring grant cycle
- August 15 for consideration within the fall grant cycle
Staff will review the LOI upon receipt and will notify the organization within two weeks if it has been invited to submit a full proposal. Please note that an invitation to submit a full proposal is no guarantee of funding.
All LOIs must be submitted via the Foundation’s GIFTS Online grants management system, which can be accessed at: www.cmfdn.org/responsive-grants.
Please visit cmfdn.org/responsive-grants for more information regarding the letter of intent policy and to view a sample LOI document that can be used as a reference when completing the online form.
The Foundation appreciates the accommodation of this new procedure, which will allow for a more streamlined application and review process.
Please contact Foundation staff at 630.654.4729